Sunday

Thawsome



So much for our winter wonderland. We went from a foot and a half of snow on the ground on Christmas to a landscape marked by scattered splotches, most of them blackened with dirt and grime. I also noticed tons of gravel on the roads. Mmm, that’s going to be nice when I get the bike out in the spring.



As dismal as things appear now, I must say it was good to walk today with solid footing and temperatures in the mid-40s. I hiked up Mount Tabor, then over to Laurelhurst Park. The plan was to come home then, but I was feeling so giddy at being able to walk fast and not worry about my footing that I kept heading west, right to the Willamette. It added up to 10.6 miles, completed in about 2:50. Hell, that’s marathon pace for some folks. A nice finish to the first week of my Six Months to Coeur d’Alene.

No comments:

Post a Comment