Thursday

Stroke: Fine; Sinuses: Not



I worked my way up to 1,000 yards in the pool, as promised, doing 10x100. I started out resting for 15 seconds between each two-minute 100, but found my stroke beginning to fall apart after 500 yards. So I extended the rest to 30 seconds and was able to keep things together surprisingly well until the "workout" was done. I've got a long, long way to go, but for the 22nd of Enero, and my third swim in five months, I'm pretty OK with where things stand. The only problem is that, as usual, the return to the pool has brought on sinus distress. My schnoz is all itchy and I'm sneezy and feel like I always need to blow my nose but nothing comes out when I do. This is what happens when I swim. It's not the end of the world, but it's a bit of a pain. The things we endure for triathlon!

Later: 5.5 miles on the grass at Normandale in 50 minutes. That's precisely 9 minutes per mile, though I didn't think about pace at all during the run. I just wanted to stay comfortable. And I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment