Friday

Beating the 9:30 a.m. Rush



Busy day with The Lad, including the 3 p.m. screening of Up at the ol' Roseway on the 7200 block of Sandy, a cool if slightly seedy part of town with a discernable Vietnamese influence. Good movie—not WALL-E or Ratatouille quality, but worth the 9 bucks, I suppose.

So I snuck in 1:15 on the trainer in the early morning hours, building intensity as I went along. Then after the school drop-off I hit Dishman. It was my fourth day in a row in the pool and my fifth swimming day in the past six, going back to Sunday's 4000-meter open water extravaganza, so I decided to do a smooth and easy 2000 yards without pause. After the first 1000, I noticed how good I felt, how easy the swimming was, and totally wanted to rev things up a bit. And I did. After a 20-minute opening 1000, I swam the second 1000 in 17:48. Then it was 9:30 a.m. and as always, they took away four of the six lanes to make way for the floating ladies and their water wiggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment