Wednesday

Numerology



Why is blogger making my race number jpeg so small? Oh, well, click on it and it's almost legible.

Yeah, the Ironman folks put out the race numbers today, unleashing a burst of excitement among the tribe. I'll confess, irrational as it is, I felt it too. (On June 21, you can follow racer No. 1615 online at Ironmanlive.com beginning at 7 a.m. PDT. I'll be out there all day, so feel free to check in intermittently, between mowing the lawn and watching the U.S. Open.)

Onward: Whatever was going on yesterday passed. Felt fine a day later. Actually, my legs felt rather peppy. Yeterday's 40 + 4 seemed to rock me back into gettin' after it mode. Oh, and the ankle is better than ever. Gel-Cumulus doing the job? I'm going with them on race day. As far as workouts today, it was all pool action. Swam very hard doing more of those 200-150-100-50 sets. Four of those, then 4x500, adding up to 4000 yards.

Random swim thought: Yeah, it's stupid that I didn't do more to get faster in the pool this year, but at least I did enough more to become absolutely confident that the swim poses no danger at all. That's a big change from last year, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment