Thursday

Adapting



Dad OK, kid sick. Today's planned swim was shelved. I did get on the trainer for 90 minutes for a blah workout that I'm sure did nothing to advance my fitness but (I hope) did keep me from falling back. Looks like more of the same for the next few days. I've held off taking The Lad to the doctor; nine times out of ten it's just a cold and time is the great healer. But this cough is now more than a week old and has become progressively worse; he's literally coughing every 20 or 30 seconds, with a little congestion, no fever, good spirits and decent energy. Allergies? Who knows. Maybe the doc will have some piercing insight into the cause and a magic medicine that will make it all better. Meanwhile, I'll rework the schedule for lots of long stuff next week.

By the way: That Slowtwitch thread featuring the legendary Tim Noakes of Lore of Running fame taking on all comers on his theories regarding race hydration and salt consumption has now gone over 150 posts and amazingly hasn't gone completely off the rails.

No comments:

Post a Comment